- Named for the type locality at Adular, Switzerland.
- A variety of orthoclase feldspar found as colorless to white prismatic crystals in cavities in metamorphic rocks. Some specimens reflect a bluish sheen along crystal faces. This phenomenon is called adularescence, and adularia with this property is called moonstone. (See sanidine).
- Chemical composition: Potassium aluminum silicate,
- Physical properties:
- Moh's Hardness: 6.0
- Specific gravity: 2.6
- Color: white, colorless
- Luster: glassy
- Fracture: conchoidal
- Habit: prismatic.
- First-person singular (eu) conditional indicative of verb adular.
- Third-person singular (ele, ela, also used with tu and você?) conditional indicative of verb adular.