- Used as a tag question, to emphasise what goes before or to request that the listener express an opinion about what has been said.
- These hot dogs are pretty good, eh?
- In isolation, a request for repetition or clarification of what has just been said. Compare what, pardon.
- (Canadian) an interjection used to ascertain the continued attention of an individual addressed by the speaker
- So we're out of beer, eh, we better get more then.
This term is stereotypically associated with Canada. Some uses of it outside of Canada can convey that you are trying to sound (sarcastically) Canadian. However, it is in wide use in many other parts of the world, including the northern United States, Australia, New Zealand, England, Scotland, and South Africa.
Eh [[Category:Patrono:Ain verbs|Eh]]
- To come, to arrive.
- (signifying indifference or surprise)
- he, him