NounModificarLettuce (countable and uncountable; plural Lettuces)
- An edible plant, Lactuca sativa and its close relatives, having a head of green and/or purple leaves.
- (uncountable) The leaves of the lettuce plant, eaten as a vegetable; as a dish often mixed with other ingredients, dressing etc.
- I’ll have a ham sandwich with lettuce and tomato.
- (uncountable, US, slang): Folding money, also called cabbage, due to the green color of both US currency and the vegetables.
an edible plant, Lactuca
the leaves of the lettuce plant, eaten as a vegetable or dish
(US slang) folding money
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
zh-min-nan:lettuce et:lettuce el:lettuce fr:lettuce io:lettuce it:lettuce kn:lettuce ku:lettuce lo:lettuce hu:lettuce ml:lettuce oc:lettuce pl:lettuce pt:lettuce fi:lettuce ta:lettuce te:lettuce tr:lettuce vi:lettuce zh:lettuce