- Pertaining to a master; magisterial; authoritative; dogmatic.
- Commanded or prescribed by a magister, especially by a doctor; hence, effectual; sovereign; as, a magistral sirup.
- Formulated extemporaneously, or for a special case; opposed to officinal, and said of prescriptions and medicines.
- A sovereign medicine or remedy.
- A magistral line.
- Powdered copper pyrites used in the amalgamation of ores of silver, as at the Spanish mines of Mexico and South America.
Latin magistralis - magistral line, guiding line.
- magistral line.
- Useinov & Mireev Dictionary, Simferopol, Dolya, 2002 
Part or all of this page has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
Magistral m. and f. (plural magistrales)